Friday, July 15, 2011

Meet Maggie

I would like everyone to meet the reason I am a cat lady. This is Maggie!

I was always fairly indifferent to cats growing up. We always seemed to have one or two in the house along with a dog and a dozen chickens. The cats were there in the background, came and went as they pleased, and occasionally wanted to snuggle.

Right before I moved out of my parents house, my brother brought over a rescued kitten, no bigger than your fist. He was a gorgeous black and white kitten with big blue eyes, even if he was a little skittish around people.



When I moved out, I missed Tux, missed having that little fur ball curled up on my shoulder. A few months later, I adopted Maggie from a friend who found her in a dumpster behind her house. And I fell in love.


She was loving and snuggly and funny right off the bat. She learned how to use the litter box after only one accident and began to develop bizarre but adorable habits such as playing fetch and watching tv.


From that day on, I have been a cat lady. She is dedicated to me, as loyal and territorial as any dog I have ever known. She never ceases to make me laugh with her newest hiding places and she greets me at the door everyday when I get home from work. I could never ask for a better pet, and I probably never will. Possibly the only drawback to having the best cat on the planet (scientific fact btw) is that there is a large possibility that I will never want to have another cat again. Maggie is my fur-child, and I can't even imagine getting lucky enough to have another pet like her.


P.S. You should know that her full name is Minerva McGonagall. Maggie is just a nickname ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment